Monday, December 15, 2008

MY BLOG!

Okay I've discovered the fun that blogs can be over the past few months. I read tons of random blogs... everyone from my family to old school friends to random but funny people that I don't know from Adam... Jonathan thinks that last one is kind of weird ("Why would you read blogs of people that you don't even know...?") Well it's not creepy, okay. I justify it as a way to get new perspectives on life. Also entertainment. There are some dang funny people out there.

The main point of this blog is to share random parts of my life that hopefully aren't way too private or way too boring. Also, i LOVE traveling and experiencing how other people live and think. This blog is meant to be my experiences with my travels as well. I'm leaving for Ecuador in February '09 for at least 4 months so I'll definitely start blogging a bunch more then. I think it'll be a good way to keep family and friends up to date on what we're doing down there.

Lastly, I promise I can write. I'm about to graduate from the University of Utah with degrees in Political Science, Spanish, and a minor in Latin American Studies. I've done my fair share of academic writing the past 5 years. In two languages. So please excuse me if i don't capitalize things that should be capitalized or if i write in run-on sentences or if my grammar isn't completely perfect. This is for fun.

Anyway, I'd better get back to studying for my last final EVER.

2 comments:

cathy said...

I love your blog! Congratulations on finishing school. We're lucky to have such a smart, thoughtful, and open-minded person in the family. I appreciate hearing your point of view. Good luck over the next few weeks getting ready for a much more exciting adventure!

James McOmber said...

Hey, look who caved and started blobbing. I'll be reading yours now.