Friday, September 11, 2009

It's all a game of give and take.

I think everyone knows that sometimes life just doesn't give you what you ask it for... or even what you think you deserve. Sometimes life even tells you it's giving you something and then takes it away. Sometimes life just takes and takes.

I have to try to remember during the taking times how good the giving times are. And for me, the giving times the past year have given a lot of good stuff.


Recently, Life took away a cool job that I had for only 3 days.
Well... maybe it wasn't going to be that cool of a job anyway.

Life took away 650 dollars to give our cute dog a plasma transfusion and overnight care at the emergency vet to stave off his extreme internal bleeding (He ate rat poison.).
BUT he lives and is currently wrestling with Jonathan on the floor next to me.

Life took away a chunk from the bottom of my foot thanks to a rusty nail right before my 6-hour server shift. And then it took away 40 bucks more for a tetanus booster.
At least I made enough in my shift to pay for it.

Life broke the drivers' side door to my beloved little red truck (or was that Jonathan?).
Then Life loaned us another car to drive for awhile and it even has AC and power steering (thanks Mom and Dad).

When Life was making us a little discouraged about rent prices and unemployment,
Life decided to give us an nice aunt who offered to rent us her basement for a good deal.


I guess the point I'm trying to make to myself is... Life is sometimes hard but good anyway. Also, marriage is awesome. And so so poor.

So for those of you out of the loop (who care to be in the loop), I found a job as a server. Jonathan's working on freelance graphic design jobs, looking for a more consistent job, and getting ready to go back to school in a few weeks. We live in Laura's basement. The red truck has a couple more dents and the door doesn't shut right. Rat poison is the devil. Someone needs to think of a less painful and less dangerous way to kill rats and mice. Moving has made me realize that I keep too much stuff and that life is just as good without literal excess baggage. Now someone throw it all away. (Notes and homework from my first semester of college as a metallurgical engineering student? I seriously thought I should keep that?) Policia (our dog) is scared of the guitar when it's being played. My lil sis is preg. woo! Also, Jonathan has a beard.

How's that for an update?

Oh, Sarah's been asking to see a picture of Policia, or "Cia," as we usually call him. (yes, he answers to "See Ya!" Oops.) So today will be his big blog debut.


My mom says he looks like a Dingo. Dingos are wild dogs from Australia. The vet said he looks like an Australian Shepherd. We know he's a mut from an indigenous village in Ecuador. So maybe we'll just call him an Ecuadorian Shepherd.

My boys.

When he was suffering the effects of rat poison. Evil evil rat poison.

Here you can see where the vet shaved his right leg to put in the catheter for the plasma transfusion.



Here he is playing with my family dog, Cleo. It's a semi-long video for what it is so I'll tell you that the highlight for me is from 00:59 to 00:30.

Okay now I definitely feel like a mommy blogger. Except I'm just a dog mom. Nothing to be ashamed of. Right?


So. That's life for now.

7 comments:

bethandler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BethAnn said...

Hey Neighbors! Sorry to blog stalk but that's the cutest dog we've ever seen. We're glad he beat the rat poison! You should be a proud momma.

Lisa Louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Louise said...

what a cute dog, and i'm so glad to hear he is ok! Sorry about the rusty nail, that totally sucks! Also glad you guys found a place!

Michemily said...

What's with everyone removing their first post? I guess I've done that plenty of times too when I noticed a spelling mistake. I'm glad things are working out. What is Jonathan going to study this time?

Sarah said...

Amanda-Hey I am a mommy blogger too!

Policia- Who's the cutest puppy every? Yes who's the cutest....Yes you are...yes you are...

Jonathan-Nice...

Jessica said...

Life does inteed give and take! Sorry your are in the midst of the taking. You know, Matt and I were dirt poor when we got married too. we lived off a grant and my part-time job while we were both in school. But, I look back now, and I have only very happy memories. Your doing good, enjoying the good stuff! Thinking of you!