Monday, November 23, 2009

I haven't been writing much lately, but life is continuing along.

My cute sister is getting more and more pregnant. I can't wait for my little nephew to come in march.



My mom's side of the family all celebrated my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary this past weekend. My Papa proposed to my Granny with the ring I now wear as my own wedding ring. Two cows were sold to pay for it in the 50's.

The cute couple


They didn't get to cut the cake at their own wedding, so my amazing aunt Cathy made a beautiful anniversary cake and they cut it in front of all of their posterity.


Happy with the family

My beautiful and sweet cousin married her best friend of 7 years on Saturday. It was the first temple sealing I'd seen since my own and it was just beautiful. There are no words for how it feels to have the promise of an eternal life with the person you love most in the world.



They got married in the Jordan River Temple so there were no steps to fit the family on for the picture... which our big family kind of needs.

I loved her hair!

My family at the temple. 3 of my cousins have come to live with my parents for awhile. They are so cute and fun to have around.


My mom and I trying to stay warm during the temple picture-taking.

My Granny putting the finishing touches on her beautiful cake.

It turned out so cute and unique. Perfect for Lindsay and Jeff.

I loved these little birds on the top of the cake.

Jonathan watching Ice Age in the basement of the reception center while the bride got ready.

They had a little ring ceremony before the dinner and read a Shakespearean sonnet together.



I got to be a bridesmaid. The dress was cute but I ended up flashing some people during the dancing part of the night. Oops.

3 comments:

James McOmber said...

Dude. Yeah. Seeing my cousin's temple sealing in July (my first also) was great. Reminded me why I want to end up there too.

Jessica said...

I have little tears in my eyes. Your family is so beautiful. And Cathy...WOW...the cake is amazing. I see you guys with your mom and I feel so jealous. YOu are so lucky to have such a great mom to hang out with and talk too. And your cute little cousins look they fit right in. Can't wait to meet them. Have a super great Thanksgiving. We will be at my Dad's.

David and Brooke Gallagher said...

I am glad to hear that your doing well and so is your family! Emily looks so cute. When is she due and where is she delivering at? It would be fun to see you sometime, we actually ran into Alex at fat cats the other night, I think it was the night of your beautiful cousins wedding. And I too loved the birds on there cake, so cute!