Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thank You, BBC

I'm a sap. Can't get BBC's new version of Emma out of my head. It's not available in the U.S. yet but someone posted all 4 episodes on youtube in 10 minute parts.

Jane Austen has grown on me in my old age. Sigh.


My favorite dance scene I've ever seen in a movie. I just love it:




Go check it out if you're an Austen fan. Warning: make sure you have 4 hours to spare over the next couple of days. It's divided into hour-long episodes, but it's hard not to just click right onto the next. Here's the first one.


P.S. Can someone please organize a ball like that? And we all have to dress like that and learn the dances and have a live orchestra. Pretty please?

5 comments:

JP said...

No, Thank YOU amanda :) I've seen 2 or 3 different versions of Emma but not the BBC one. And I LOVE BBC renditions of Jane Austen! Have you seen their Sense & Sensibility?

amanda said...

I haven't, but I definitely want to check it out. I recently watched BBC's new Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens and it was awesome too.

Jessica said...

I love almost everything the BBC does. I love Austin. I too have come to love her books,and many of the film versions in my more mature age! The BBC did a fun TV series of Robin Hood, didn't like the last season, but the first two were fun. That is how I would unwind after kiddies were sleeping, and while Matt was gone at meetings or swimming.

Megan said...

Hey, I'm Jessica's sister. I have ALWAYS wanted someone to plan a ball like that where you learn the dances and wear the dresses and everything! I adore Austin. I'm glad I'm not the only one who wishes those things!

Amanda R said...

Thanks for the link! My husband and I totally watched this entire thing, and were sad when it ended. Which is unprecedented for us.