Friday, May 13, 2011

Ambitious

I turned 25 a couple of days ago. Jonathan and Hattie and I went to Sugarhouse Park and fed the ducks and geese (and mostly seagulls. Gr!) some old stale pretzels. We went on a walk around the park, Jonathan pushing me in my wheelchair while I pushed Hattie in her stroller. We looked a little funny but it was nice to get some sunshine and not be stuck in bed.

I went and got a pedicure with my mom and sis. A foot massage and pink toenails can do a lot for your soul.

The icing on the cake was heavenly sushi for dinner at Takashi. I love that place so much. We had to wait 40 minutes for a table on a Wednesday evening, but I would have waited longer. It was delicious.

For dessert they gave us a mango mousse - a perfect, light dessert to end a meal of sushi. The server put a candle in the mouse, wished me a happy birthday, and left us alone.

As I blew out the candle I made my 25th Birthday Resolution: I will be more ambitious with my goals and ideas this coming year. I kept the candle to remind me. Hold me to it, friends.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday a little late! I am glad you got out a bit! You are so positive and beautiful, and I am so glad I get to be part of your family!

hoistgrace said...

We should frame that candle and put it on our wall to remind us both to be ambitious!

Dasha said...

I went to Takashi for my birthday too! Isn't it the best? Happy belated birthday and hope that you have a great year ahead of you!